Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tonight I Wanna Cry - Keith Urban.

I know Ive said this before, but I don't know why I do the things I do.
Maybe I see something good, someone I love, someone I care about, and my first instinct is to push them away. Because I try not to get too attached. But this time I didn't do that. I let someone in. I trusted them more than myself.
And of course, he's gone.
How do I feel? I feel....well, like an idiot.
And I just can't stop crying.
Because it's all my fault. The ONE person who meant the world to me. The person I've tried so hard not to lose.
That person is gone.
When I don't care, I push them away.
When I do, they leave.
Maybe I'll just be a lonely person for the rest of my life. Why waste time on people? No one stays. Nothing last.


Maybe I threw our friendship out the window
washed it down the drain
maybe it jumped
but I can't stop the pain

I've got a sad song on repeat
Tear stains on my bedsheet
I've got your promises in my head
they're playing over and over and over again

Assume
assume
assume
that's all I ever do.

And then I open my stupid mouth.
Tear everything apart
look at the mess I made.
I'm the one who broke my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment