Friday, July 16, 2010

Stars.

I watch the darkened sky
Stars shining, or airplanes flying?
They used to be the same
But now my stars are playing games

I think I've got one, found a shining star
Then I see it move away
Before I know it, it seems so far
I used to see them in a different way

I would watch the stars
Lighting up the sky
I would stare up there for hours
And never wonder why
I could create pictures
Craft paths, faces, places
Whatever crossed my mind
But now as I stare
They're all so hard to find

My stars were never stars, it seems
They were all airplanes, ready to fly
They never planned on staying
They left my black blue sky
I want to count stars again
Turn them into art
I miss counting stars
We never felt too far apart

As I stare up at the sky
I wonder where they went
I wonder where I went
If they were shooting stars
Did they get the wishes I sent?

My stars don't sparkle, they fly away
To maybe just maybe, cross my path one day
I guess there's no such things as stars
Only airplanes ready to leave
I remember when I was a dreamer
When I found it in my heart to believe.
But things happen.
So no more counting stars for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment