Sunday, July 11, 2010

Late Night Poetry. Oh yes.

The words wont stop replaying
over
and over
and over again
why can't I just wish it away
pretend you didn't mean what you said

I tried so hard to hold on
but you're so difficult
so slippery
holding onto you
is grasping mist
falling through the cracks
of my foolish hands

You looked me in the eyes
promised me forever
I didn't read between the lines
realize that meant never
best friends
that word means
nothing to me
a phrase tossed around
twisted into something
without a meaning

I shake it away
but it just comes back
over
and over
and over again
I just can't forget what you said


3 comments:

  1. Oh god. You have a talent for this! I mean literally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually up late last night because I was watching a movie (Knowing). and after it, words started coming to my head so I put them down and now it's my own late night poetry. Not my best work though.

    ReplyDelete