Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thanks For Wasting Three Years Of My Life.

Memories are playing
A film in my mind
The memories we lost
The ones we can't find

Your advice echos
Your smile remains
I never thought losing you
Would cause me this much pain

I looked up to your perfection
Wanting to be that way
There are so many things
I forgot to say

But the things I never said
Fell out of our head
through every memory we shared
You never cared

Why can't I erase it?
What you said to me today?
Why can't I shake it?
Your words won't go away

You tell me friends are like presents
Pretty paper and bows
What's on the inside
You sure don't know

You said sometimes you don't like the inside
The gift you've got
But you put up with it
Whether you like them or not
.....like you've done with me.

Was I a game?
Did you talk to pass the time?
You didn't want me in your life
I need you in mine.

I can't stop crying
I should've known all along
If you don't want me
Fine.
I'm gone

You could have told me
Instead of living a lie
Because nothing hurts more
Than your silent goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment