Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I Never Ever Told You.

I never sent this poem. I should have. But I didn't. Of course not. Why would I?
But now, I feel like an idiot....

You've stood by my side
When the world walked away 
You promised me over and over again
That you would always stay.
And for once in my life
I'm not running. 
I've found my best friend.
And I promise to be by your side
Until the end of the end. 

It can't be good that your smile
Makes me dizzy in the knees
It can't be good your voice 
Makes my mind freeze
Your eyes wrap me up
Give me a million and one butterflies 
You said you'd always be there 
And you never lie.
You've made mistakes, I know
But I have too 
With you by my side 
Maybe I can pull through. 

It can't be good you like me too 
We all know how that ends 
One minute so in love
The next I've lost my best friend
But I promise you 
That won't ever happen. 
Because I've never had someone 
I'm so afraid to lose
I've never had a best friend 
Who loves me like you do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment