Friday, July 9, 2010

It's Hard To Dance and Type At The Same Time

I wanna be a billionaire so fucking bad
I'm a hip hop queen, a rock and roll dream, it's all bling bling, I'm the star of the scene
Buy all the things I never had
yeah, check me out, see what I'm all about
I wanna be on the cover of Forbes Magazine
I'm the one that you want, the one you can't have
smiling next to Oprah and the queen
the girl that you call who doesn't call back
Oh, every time I close my eyes, I see my name in shining lights
just look at me
A different city every night
I've got everything
Oh, I swear, the world better prepare for when
I'm a billionaire
....and then I woke up.

Billionaire - Travie McCoy/Bruno Mars
Then I Woke Up - The Clique Girls
I obviously have way too much time on my hands.

I should join the Highliners. I NEED to join the Highliners. I need to act. Pretend. I miss being on a stage and completely forgetting myself and being someone else.
Ugh.

I have nothing important to write about.
Nothing.
At.
All.

Bruno Mars has the most beautiful voice on the planet. He doesn't need music.
It's easy to sing to and soothing.

I wrote a poem today. I didn't plan on writing it, I don't even know where it came from. I wrote it in the box where you type your Facebook status.

What if I wrote my life down
with pen and paper
wrote down every mile
documented every smile

what if I wrote it down
so I could know reality
it all happened
Wrote it to get it out of me

would I look back on my story
when I've grabbed a new canvas
would I realize
how everything was different
looking through my eyes

Everyone has a story
But I can't seem to find
the words
to tell you mine

What if I wrote down every thought
Blooming inside of me
what if an eraser
was all I'd need

I couldn't write a story
I can't write my mind
because there are words
I have yet to find
so many mountains
I have yet to climb
I don't have an eraser
to fix my mistakes
so I'll leave it
Unwritten

I wrote one last night too,
Every minute
Of every day
I lose another piece
Of my everything

The words that slide off your tongue
Used to wrap me up
Give me a high
Now they're nothing
But a beautiful lie

I'm no one special
I've got that figured out
Why keep pretending
I'm something
When I'm nothing
I'm no one special
When those words
You say them
To everyone.

Why waste your time?
Why waste mine?
Because the truth
Hurts alot less
Than knowing a lie.

I'm no one special
A bump along the road
But you
You're everyone special
And I feel like a fool
For caring so much.

When I Iook at you
I hate to say I'm done
But it's not special
If it's not me
It's everyone

You're no one special
that's my attempt at a lie.


Yeah, the second one has a story behind it. A stupid boy behind it. A stupid heart behind it.
The second one has a lot behind it. A lot more than a few words.
It has three words behind it.

Three words can't fix this anymore.
Yeah, I did just quote Amber Pacific.



3 comments: