Friday, July 16, 2010

Goodbye Best Friend

My heart didn't stop
I didn't leak a tear
I didnt reach out and stop you
Because I didn't need you here

I actually cracked a smile
Let out a sigh of relief
Gave you the finger
With you gone I could breathe

I thought it was another joke
That we'd be okay the next day
I figured it couldn't end
So I watched you walk away

When you didn't turn around
When you kept walking on
That's when it hit me
My Other Half was gone

For a second I wanted to call your name
Tell you to come back to me
But then I realized
That you still wouldn't see

So I just stood there
I didn't know what to say
Because part of me
Didn't want you to stay

And I knew things would be different
And you felt it too
You didn't have to tell me
I already knew

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I like the rhymes, they just add something to it.

    ReplyDelete