Monday, July 12, 2010

Proof

I shove my tears farther back
Until they're falling down my throat
Gripping my heart
I'm being stabbed in the chest
In one breath
I'm a train wreck

I try to pull them back again
But my tears keep coming
They're proof that I'm hurting
My tears are bullets
Acid on my cheeks
The way they fall
Proves to me I'm weak

There comes a time
When I stop smiling
The weight of the universe
Finally breaks me

My world is spinning
Faster than I can comprehend
I have no one to lean on
No real friends.

That's when the tears come
Proof that I'm not strong
The strain on my heart
That's been building up for too long
I'm a hurricane
My chest stings
I hate it when my eyes rain

It's written in mascara smudges
Clouding my eyes
Proof in the stinging sensation
Pulsing through my heart
Every second I cry

The secrets I've tried to hard to hold inside
Are no longer mine when I cry

My tears are proof
That even I cry
Proof
That I'm alive
and sometimes
I can't hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment