Wednesday, July 14, 2010

City Bus.

I wanna hop on a city bus 
Vent to the first stranger I see 
Talk 
Talk 
Talk
They won't mind me. 
Some silly girl
With a mind full of secrets 
Letting them out 
So maybe she'll forget 

What does a stranger see 
After they hear what's in me?
A girl who hopes her dreams
Will land among the stars 
She's not what she seems  
But she's hiding the scars 
Someone passing through 
With the bright seattle lights 
Fading into the distance 
She doesn't know where she's going 
But she'll be alright 

Clicking my heels against the floor 
A beat with my words 
Telling my story 
While we stop, twist, and turn 
Secret after secret 
Story after story
Click clacking
I hope I'm not too boring 

"My life is like a movie
I watch 
But don't care enough to save myself
On the very edge of my seat
As if I'm someone else"
"Yeah. 
Mhmm. 
Sure"
"But time is a blur"
"yeah
Mhmm
Sure"
"I go weeks thinking it's Tuesday 
Wake up feeling wasted away
I don't feel a thing at all
Sometimes I trip
For the thrill of the fall"
"yeah
Mhmm 
Sure"

And when we stop
Where I get off
I click clack down the aisle 
No eye contact 
No smile 
They must think i'm crazy 
But in the end
I'll never see my life saver again.

1 comment:

  1. you seem sad.
    Hey. check out my blog. You have poems and I have lyrics. From one artistic person to another. It's http://screammeawake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete