Sunday, August 29, 2010

Teardrops, Raindrops, Bus Stops.

I can't write a love poem to save my life
so this must be important if I'm gonna try
I'm not good at taking my heart and putting it's beat on paper
because once I write a good one
someones feeling start to taper
so I stop my heart beat right there and grab an eraser
but it's hard to erase the person
who gives you the motivation and emotion
to even begin to write a poem that won't end
with teardrops
and walking in raindrops
to bus stops
just to get away from the place so full memories
wishful thinking and broken dreams
leaving to escape the end of "You and me"
me and you
you and I
I'd try and try
to write a perfect poem if it meant that you meant it when you said
we'll never say goodbye
but you didn't because we did
and they were all right saying we're just kids
I"m not strong enough to open a lid
so how was I supposed to hold on to you
I wasn't strong enough to pull through
this kind of pain should be reserved for when it's deserved
but I guess you're worth it
because you're not crying or dying or even trying
all you're doing is not replying and goodbye-ing
I couldn't write a love poem to save my life
but why would I try?
all it ever ends with is a silent goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment