Thursday, August 5, 2010

Not Quite Yet

It seems I've been knocked down again
no, not quite yet 
But I am standing on a stack of cards
dancing on glass table 
Playing with the possibility
no, the certainty
that you will hurt me

like a flower at the break of winter 
I'm waiting for the ice
your cold words trying to be nice
telling me that maybe
this isn't quite right 
I am a leaf at the tippy top 
clinging to a maple tree
Though I can see it coming 
I hope autumn wont catch me 
yet.

I watch you drift away from whatever we are 
even though you're not getting too far    
not far enough for me to cry 
but I'm still not strong enough to say goodbye 
Not far enough to be out of sight 
I'm not in an airplane
you're no ant to me 
You haven't run far enough for me to do much 
Yet.

You haven't knocked me down 
winter hasn't hit
You're not far enough 
just yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment