Sunday, August 29, 2010

Long Time No Poem.

I tackled my best friend
when she told me you missed me
I tried to sleep again a million times
to finish the dream where you kissed me
I gave up my other half
to wake up and find.....you left me. 

If I could I'd go and sell my broken heart
on the internet for free 
I'd pay someone to take it and fix it for me 
and if it is as unfixable as it seems
I'd ask them to go and hide it somewhere away from my mind
somewhere beautiful but I wont be able to find
because with it gone I could really be fine
I thought these things only happened
on those dramas I'm addicted to on TV
The ones we all watch to escape reality 
but if this is reality please I'm begging you
let me dream

I've up every night until five am 
because I can't sleep while remembering what you said
I could hear a spider walk but theres chaos in my head
I can't sleep thinking about how not good enough I am 
and it hurts twice as much knowing you can
I'm up every night until you wake up 
and sometimes I grab myself a coffee cup,
because I know
that sleep is out of the question even though it's the answer 
because I'm still trying to dream again the dream
where you kissed me 
I'm trying to relive the day
where you were the one who missed me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment