Thursday, August 5, 2010

I am Learning.

I am standing in front of a mirror
Memorizing pointless lines
That only have meaning to me
I read between them
But that's not the point, poetry 
If I can memorize 
Just a couple more lines in a couple more minutes
Just imagine what I could do with a script.

The amount of dust on the off switch
On my radio is absurd
But I'm too busy to notice
I'm listening to every word
The music and the lyrics
Peanut butter and jelly
I sit for hours listening
I am learning.
I want to hear my voice one day
Singing myself to sleep.

I watch movies with no plot
Because I pay negative amounts of attention
I'm too busy watching the actors
And actresses
Noting every facial expression.
I look at the way they move
When they're reciting lines
It's planned but you can't tell
I want to learn how they make it so real.
Because when I turn on the TV
I want to see me staring back at me

I don't read for entertainment
Well, most of the time
I read to read between the lines
I read to grow into the one who molded the story
Who pens the words we all feel
But don't quite have the attention span
Imagination
Or words to say ourselves
I want to see my name printed in jet black ink
Jessica Perez
On a best seller list

I want to leave behind me
Something more than just memories
I want to leave a movie
A book for my kids kids kids kid to read
I want to leave my mind
Line by line
Songs by song
Movies and pictures in magazines
So I stand, watch, listen, read
Without speaking a word
Because I want to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment