Saturday, August 14, 2010

I could stumble up and down a mountain
Doggy paddle across the sea
But i'd never meet someone as good a friend
As you've been to me

I text you at four am
And you reply even though you can't keep your eyes open
You answered me when Alicia died
And all I could do was sit and cry
You know the emotions I don't show
And when somethings wrong you somehow know
You know when a smiley face is real
Or if I'm just hiding what I really feel
I'd take a bullet, if only you'd let me
And through everything
You're the one person who gets me

When September comes, your bags are packed
I've realized no amount of rope can bring you back
And I could visit every small town and city
But through everyone I'd meet
My best friend has always been just down the street
But know that when you're gone
You can lean on me
Well, metaphorically
I'm not very strong
But just know I'm always there
To prove you right, and someone else wrong
Even when you're wrong and their right
Because I know you're with my on those sleepless nights
You're there through every battle with myself
And all the wars with everyone else

I meant it when I said best friends forever
Not till distance draw us apart
Because we're always together
Not hand in hand
But heart in heart
Because I could travel through the solar system
Befriend the stars
But they'd never understand my scars
I'd never really had someone who understood
Or never left when people said they should

How did this get so off track?
You of all people know an attention span
Is something I lack
When I began to mold this poem
All I really planned to say
Was hey, best friend
Happy Birthday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment