Thursday, August 19, 2010

Eviction Notice.

You are no longer allowed to step foot in my mind
no coming back for anything 
you may have left behind
the memories are stuck with me 
don't be surprised if I send them in a letter 
maybe when they're eating you 
I'll feel a whole lot better

don't you dare cross the line 
into my broken mind 
the damage has been done
I can clean it up on my own 
I'm already used to being alone 

Here is your letter of eviction
a two week notice
just leave me to pick myself up 
because everytime
you walk back into my life
you leave a little more heartache behind

I packed for you 
every poem about you 
every smile I can recall 
everytime you caught my fall 
the memories 
are stuck on me
but I can't have your face 
painted on my dreams
I just can't take it
So leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment