Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dear Alicia...

I was asked a while ago what I would do if I had one wish. And like anyone who actually thinks about it I said, "More wishes." to which they replied, "thats cheating."
But now that I am taking time to really think about the question at hand, I would want to email you. I'd want to send a letter to heaven, and get one back. I'd ask you how your last breath tasted, and if you miss the world you ran away from.
To which you would reply with your straight letters and perfectly dotted I's, your handwriting that is small but every word is beautiful. You would reply with, "Don't worry about me, I'm happy up here. I've been with you every day since my last breath that tasted like rain. I would go back and undo it if I could but who wouldn't?"
and I'd check my mail every five minutes. And we would talk. Thats what I would wish for.
And while I talked to you in heaven via snail mail. Out of everything you could say to me, of every looped Y and meticulously dotted I, all I would want to hear is, "It's not your fault."
Thats what I would wish for.

1 comment: