Sunday, September 19, 2010

This worlds gonna knock you down
but it's up to you to turn around
give everyone a smile
even if they don't deserve it
'cause with a smile like yours 
don't reserve it


I've been standing here all along
with my arms wide open 
waiting alone 
on the outside
of this broken mess
you've left me on the outside
you've left me feeling worthless


You smile, I fly 
you cry, I die
I don't care how many bones I have to break 
jokes I have to throw at you 
or smiles I have to fake 
all I want is for you to break into that smile I know too well 
no matter what it takes 


I wish my shoulders were strong enough to lean on 
I wish they were perfect enough to cry on 
but when the world forgets your smile, 
look to your side 'cause you'll find I was never gone 
I wish I knew how to fix you
to be the one you need
but I can't get you to understand this 
 for the life of me 


I am on the outside
and if thats where you want me , I'll stay 
just know I'd cry myself to sleep forever
if it meant your pain would go away 
I am never  
ever 
ever 
ever 
going to stop caring about you 
even when you don't need or want me to 


Don't you ever apologize for being you 
or let an empty heart get you down
remember when you're being stabbed in the back 
don't turn around 
keep walking and don't let them get your heart
and when they do I'll help you when you fall apart




I am on the outside 
wanting to be there for you 
and help you like friends do 
I'm on the outside
PS. I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment